Congratulations on your engagement! As all-in-one wedding venues go, the University Club at UC Irvine is a fantastic location to share your I-dos. Having photographed this facility we have some helpful tips to make your day as special as possible.
- Lighting can really help dress up a venue, and the University Club is no exception. It’s a bit of a blank canvas but add some uplights for your evening ceremony and voila! It’s a quick and inexpensive transformation.
- The grounds around the University Club are pretty, so you shouldn’t have a problem finding a nice area for bridal portraits. If you like textures take a short walk to the east toward the engineering buildings (this would be to the right when exiting the back of the facility, along the bike path).
- For more traditional picture options, head straight across the bike path where you have lots of grass and trees. If you’re adventurous and have time you can wander further into Aldrich Park below.
- We’re partial to outdoor weddings, and this location has a great area with a gazebo just waiting for you to say your vows. But if you prefer an indoor ceremony, you can do that, too! There’s a library that could be used as either a pre-function area, or just as Plan B in case of foul weather.
- Interested in a regal sendoff? Plan to say goodbye through an archway of 100 sparklers as your friends and family congratulate you on your way out the door. Onsite coordinator Cindy and her team are fantastic and they’ll be happy to facilitate this exciting exit for you.
Interested in booking us for your big day? Just send us a note via our contact link, or give us a call at (949) 451-1743.