If you are considering the Newland Barn in Huntington Beach as your wedding venue, we think you’ve made a good choice. Having photographed at this facility before, we thought you might be interested in our top five tips to make it a great day.
- Get some lights. The facility looks great with some nice bistro lights if you’re using the grass courtyard. If you’re using the barn itself you might consider adding some uplights, which are a cheap way to add color and interest to any space.
- Take advantage of the water tower. There’s nothing wrong with the gazebo located right on the lawn, but it’s okay to be different! Consider using the tower as your background.
- Use the “park” located next to the barn for photos. On a clear day there’s a nice view of the mountains. The barren paths are a nice contrast to your fancy clothes if you aren’t afraid of a little dirt.
- For a more “green” look to your photos, head further down the path… or just head around the side of the house, where a pretty little garden awaits you.
- Make the facility your own. Little touches like table displays, a sign-in table with mementos or a candy station can really turn any place from ordinary to extraordinary. Let your imagination be your guide!
- Bonus tip: When choosing a wedding photographer (or any vendor, really) pick someone with a personality that will mesh with yours. This is an important day and you want someone who sees things like you do and will record those precious memories so you can enjoy them for years to come.
Want to see more photos from a creative couple who booked the Newland Barn for their big day? Check out April and Matt. Paper flowers, Polaroid cameras, and peanut butter and jelly cupcakes made their wedding one to remember.
Send us a message for more suggestions to make your wedding photographs stand out. Or give us a call: (949) 451-1743. We’d love to chat with you.